We need more volunteers to help us in our work.
Volunteers can make a contribution in many different ways. Here are just some of the many roles that are available within Birchwood Highland (please click on each one to see an outline of the role)
Meet Brian Smith volunteer with Birchwood Highland Lochaber
What do you do as a volunteer?
I support the Birchwood United football team each Wednesday. I get really involved with fundraising, from sponsored walks to bag packing at the checkout. I also support individuals at social events and days out.
Why do you do it?
I really enjoy it. I love talking to people and it gives me the opportunity to meet new friends.
Would you recommend getting involved?
Absolutely – everyone should try it.
What do you get out of it?
It helps me fill my time, I like to keep busy and it’s great being able to call someone to watch the footie with.
- Administrative/Office Work
- Arts (Music/Drama/Crafts)
- Driving Support
- Facilitating/Training Assistant
- Home-Based Volunteers
- Management/Business Skills
- Newsletter Researcher/Editor
- Peer Support Worker
- Research/Policy Work
- Service User Groups
- Sports/Outdoor Activities
The benefits and advantages of volunteering can include:
- Training and supervision provided;
- Developing your own skills;
- Improved employability and career prospects;
- Expenses refunded;
- Satisfaction from contributing towards improving someone’s life.
If you think you can spare the time, energy and talent to help us in any of these ways, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please get in touch with Head Office on 01463 236507, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.