Birchwood Highland Youth
Birchwood Highland provides a range of services geared to the needs of young people. This includes direct support through one of our community support services in Lochaber, Caithness, Easter Ross, and Inverness, and our Recovery Centre that serves the Highland area from a base in Inverness. We also provide mental wellness information sessions for schools and other groups of young people. Birchwood Highland also supports group activities for young people, such as social enterprise and creative writing and aim to involve young people in developing future activities.
“Birchwood Highland Youth” marks Birchwood Highland’s commitment to support young people which aims to:
inspire and engage young people across the Highlands to lead rewarding, fulfilling lives, regardless of their personal circumstances. We believe that everybody should have equal access to information, learning opportunities, and support that can help maintain mental and physical well being. This includes enabling and empowering young people towards:
- Achieving personal goals through empowerment, self-confidence and self-worth
- Feeling part of their local community, so reducing isolation and loneliness
- Readiness for education, volunteering and work opportunities
- Improved wellbeing by making positive informed choices.
- Access to information that enables self management of wellness, where to get professional help, and increase opportunities to help others and challenge stigma
- Being part of a society where young people enjoy a positive role, with their contributions recognised and valued
What is Birchwood Highland Youth
A guide for young people.
Working with Schools
Find out about our work with schools.
Birchwood Highland Youth Explained
A guide for parents and professionals.
What's Worrying You?
Need some advice? Visit our help pages.
What young people, and people who support young people, say about us and our work…
“THE SERVICE HAS HELPED INDIVIDUALS GAIN AND RETAIN EMPLOYMENT”
“…A GOOD IDEA AS IT HELPS PEOPLE BUILDING THEIR CONFIDENCE IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS"
“I LOVE IT, IT HELPS ME GREATLY”
“IT’S GREAT FOR SOCIALISING AND GETTING ME OUT OF THE HOUSE”